Attestation of Residential Tenancy Contracts – New Contracts
Attestations of residential tenancy contracts are limited to families according to the following procedures:
Residential tenancy agreement form.
- Copy of title deed (applicant may instead fill out the contract form with details of the deed), or plot plan of granted lands.
- Copy of Landlord’s Emirates ID card or copy of Landlord’s passport authenticated with his/her signature.
Note: Landlord Card obviates the need for presenting any other required documents from the Landlord for attestation of contracts.
- Copy of Tenant’s passport or Emirates ID card, whether UAE citizen or expatriate.
- Copy of passport or Emirates ID card of Tenant’s wife, whether UAE citizen or expatriate, or copy of Family Book of UAE citizens.
Note: Passport copy of Emirati wife is not required for attestation of contracts, except for Arabic houses contracts.
- Copy of marriage certificate, if wife is sponsored by someone other than husband.
Note: If wife is sponsored by husband, marriage certificate will be required, except for Arabic house contracts only.
- Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority [SEWA] stamp of approval for new contracts.
- Copy of power of attorney, if necessary and copy of legal representative’s passport authenticated with his/her signature.
- Filling out contracts by both parties to the contract (Landlord and Tenant) or legal representatives thereof.
- Taking approval of SEWA.
- Attesting contract at the Tenancy Contract Attestation Section.
- Filling out the undertaking form, which is available at the section by Landlord and Tenant (for Arabic houses only).
- Tenancy Contract form cost: Dhs100.
- Attestation fees: 4% of annual rent amount (min. Dhs500).
- Express service is available against payment of Dhs150 on each transaction.
- Tenant is not entitled to register more than two contracts under his/her name.
- Expats or Residents Emirates ID card is mandatory as of 15/11/2012.
Note Regarding Fees:
- If tenancy contract contains more than one leased unit, Dhs100 shall be paid on each unit for the price of e-contract form.
- If tenancy contract contains more than one leased unit and the term thereof is more than one year, Dhs100 shall be paid on each unit and for each year.
- Approach the receptionist’s desk for checking all required documents and taking a token number.
- When you turn come approach the counter for attesting the tenancy contract.
Trust Real Estate framed above information for public convenience.
Sourced from: Rent Regulation Department – Sharjah Municipality, Sharjah.